By ATN, the wings partially reconstructed from a Fokker C-10. These wings are built in the VTOC and we will continue to reduce them incl. The bommenrek. This page will follow this resauratieproject are, of course, with regular new pictures. This project is in collaboration with the Friends of the Military Aviation Museum.
The Fokker C-10 was a double reconnaissance aircraft and light bomber with a Rolls-Royce Kestrel V engine of 608 hp. It was initially designed for the Military Aviation of the Royal Dutch East Indies Army. The first prototype flew on October 9, 1934 and the Colonies ordered 13 copies. However, the Aviation Department in the Netherlands was also interest the urgent replenishment for exploration purposes used C-5'n 1925 were outdated and needs. In 1934 was therefore placed an initial order by the Aviation Department for four C-10'n, the numbers 700 t / m 703 later followed by an order for 16 pieces, the numbers 704 t / m 719. The first series aircraft was delivered in 1935, the second series of a year later. The cost of a C-10 in 1935 was approximately 30,000 fl,. -.
Besides the Netherlands, Spain and Finland also had an interest in the C X. The Spanish Republic secretly bought a copy with a 850 hp. Hispano Suisa engine and equipped with a 20 mm. cannon. The aim was to build the C-X license. Ordered Finland in 1937, four copies of the C-X fitted with a Bristol Pegasus radial engine. In the years 1938 - 1942 built the Finns 35C-X's license under which during the war with the Russians (1939-1940 and 1941-1944) were successfully deployed as a scout and (diving) bomber. The last Finnish C-X crashed in 1958.
The C-10 had one machine gun shooting through the propeller plane and one behind machine gun. Among the left and right lower wing bominrichtingen were mounted, causing the aircraft to eight bombs of 50 kg., Sixteen of 25 kg. or four bombs of 100 kilograms. could carry.
Unfortunately, the C-10, at the time of entry into service, in 1936, is no longer suitable for the intended purpose. In our neighboring countries were already fast two-engined airplanes used for strategic reconnaissance. In our country we were, however, so far not yet. However, such aircraft were ordered in 1940 in Germany, but they are discontinued. Source: www.grebbeberg.nl