When ATN is a Farman HF-20 reconstructed from original tekin creations. This page will follow this resauratieproject are, of course, with regular new pictures. This project is in collaboration with the Military Aviation Museum.
When the Aviation Department once it was established, it was also necessary that within the Aeronautics Division planes came. Therefore traveled in early May 1913 off. Walaardt Sacre, lt. Of Heyst and Ir. John Rozendaal to France, at that time the leading country in plane area.
After comparing different devices, the War Department was advised to proceed to purchase the Farman HF-20, because they had left the best impression of the different views aircraft models. When this advice was followed, were lts. Versteegh van Heyst and Coblijn sent to France to keep an eye on. Also covered. Walaardt Sacré joined the company. Beginning in September 1913, the three bought Farmans at Soesterberg where they got the registration LA-2 and LA-4.
All three were flown by early October of Heyst, and the LA-2 was assigned to van Heyst, the LA-3 to Versteegh and the LA-4 to Coblijn. Early in 1914 the government ordered the slightly larger version of the Farman HF-20, HF-22. Of this type there were four before the First World War broke out in the Netherlands. These received the registration LA-6 to LA-8 and M-1. The latter was used to train Navy Flyers at Soesterberg. On May 28, 1915 it was transferred to the LVA and received the registration LA-9.
Because Wijnmalen who had bought at Trompenburg employ the licensing rights of Farman was, it was a small step for the government to place an order with Trompenburg. The were 11 HF-22 aircraft for the LVA and 3 HR-22 aircraft for the MLD. The end of 1918 came to an end at the Farman era, when the remaining eleven HF-22 aircraft were sold to Carley his Edese flight school.
The Farman was a device developed in France, created by the brothers Henri and Maurice Farman. The plane flew up to 105 km per hour and had a flight range of 300 km. There was room for two people and it was equipped with a 6.5 mm machine gun. Just before the outbreak of World War reinforced a second shipment Farmans the fleet. On August 3, 1914 arrived the last of the four aircraft ordered in the Netherlands. One was for the Navy. The planes were deployed at the border control.